Here’s our second look at the 68 team NCAA tournament field as we get closer to conference tournament time.
Our list (still really a guess) of the 32 automatic qualifers and 36 at-large teams, conference by conference. We will make projections of the automatic bids based on the current conference standings.
The major conferences such as the Big 12, ACC and Big Ten will flourish with mulitiple bids as long as there are no upsets in the mid-major conferences.
So here’s our first guess at the full field.
- America East (1)–Vermont
- American Athletic Conference (2)–Cincinnati, SMU
- Atlantic 10 (2)–VCU, Dayton
- Atlantic Coast Conference (9)–North Carolina, Florida State, Notre Dame, Virginia, Louisville, Virginia Tech, Syracuse, Duke and Miami
- Atlantic Sun (1)–Florida Gulf Coast
- Big 12 (7)–Kansas, West Virginia, Baylor, Oklahoma State, Iowa State, Kansas State, TCU.
- Big East (5)–Villanova, Creighton, Butler, Xavier, Marquette.
- Big Sky (1)–Weber State
- Big South (1)–UNC-Ashville
- Big Ten (8)–Maryland, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Purdue, Michigan State, Michigan, Indiana, Iowa
- Big West (1)–UC-Irvine
- CAA (1)–UNC-Wilmington
- Conference USA-(1)–Middle Tennessee
- Horizon (1)–Valparaiso
- Ivy (1)–Princeton
- MAAC (1)–Monmouth
- MAC (1)–Akron
- MEAC (1)–NC. Central
- MVC (2)–Illinois State, Wichita State
- Northeast (1)–Mount Saint Mary’s
- OVC (1)–Belmont
- Pac-12 (5)–Arizona, UCLA, Oregon, USC,California
- Patriot (1)–Bucknell
- SEC (4)-Kentucky, Florida, South Carolina, Arkansas
- Southern (1)–Furman
- Southland (1)–Sam Houston
- SWAC (1)–Texas Southern
- Summit (1)–North Dakota State
- Sun Belt (1)–Arkansas State
- WCC (2)–Gonzaga, St. Mary’s
- WAC (1)-New Mexico State